Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pogo Ball

 So in the mid 80's all my friends had skateboards and I wanted one.My birthday that year I had made sure to make it known what I wanted by drawling pictures of the two skateboard designs I really wanted and putting them on the refrigerator .These are the two I wanted :
 
or
but my parents in their wisdom decided that a skateboard was to dangerous (and expensive) so when I unwrapped my birthday present that year to my horror I found this:

I was none to happy with this but decided I would try to make the best of it.I found right away that my dreams of making trips to 7-11 lightning quick with the wind blowing threw my hair just wasn't going to happen with this thing.My parents kept saying how I would hurt or kill myself on a skateboard and thought that this thing was somehow safer but I think they underestimated my ability to misuse things in a fashion that will result in injury....I know they did with this one.

2 comments:

  1. I was a Pogo Bal kid as well...

    http://mattandtimfunny.blogspot.com/2010/07/pogo-bal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha the blisters on the insides of my feet really brings back memory's!I pogo balled with reckless abandonment down flights of stairs and once off the top of my dads van.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...